Friends of the Kennebunk Free Library
Join now and help us grow!
Who Are the Friends?
Friends are people who care about libraries and who believe in what libraries represent. Friends provide support in many ways and are recognized by the Library and the community for their sustaining influence. Friends support the library by raising funds that help sponsor new opportunities and grant gifts to the library. Friends are individuals who are interested in promoting the Kennebunk Free Library by improving library services, resources, and the library's role in the community.
What Do Friends Do?
- stimulate public support for the use of the Library;
- underwrite special library programs for children and adults;
- assist in maintaining, improving, and enlarging Library resources and services;
- raise funds to support programs and grant gifts to the Library; and
- conduct quarterly annual book/bake sales and promote the ongoing book sale as fund raisers for KFL.
Click HERE to download a membership application. Please note, memberships run on a calendar year: January-December.
You can also purchase your membership online:
The Friends meet quarterly at the library or virtually via Zoom. The next meeting date is Monday, January 8, at 5:30 pm. This meeting will be on Zoom. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a link. All are welcome! Be a Friend . . . Bring a Friend!
The Friends by-laws can be found at this link.
To contact the Friends, please leave a message at the library at (207) 985-2173 or email us. We will promptly get in touch with you.