22nd Edition Road Race - Registration Is Now Open!
July 12, 2019REGISTER NOW
Our 5K Run/Walk race route travels through scenic Downtown Kennebunk, Maine, and benefits the Kennebunk Free Library.
The race has grown since its start in 1998 with under 75 participants-now we're eclipsing 600! The Kennebunk community rallies around this event with sponsorships, donating race day needs and by providing raffle items and services. Prizes are awarded to the first man and woman to finish in each of 6 age categories. Certificates of completion with finish times are available.
Active Duty Military and Seniors who are 65+ by race day and preregister online receive a discount.
All participants receive:
- Free supper to registered participants (small fee for others).
- Beer & Wine tent (with positive ID).
- Fabulous goodie bags and T-shirts to the first 200 registrants.
- Incredible raffles for items & services.
- Outdoor showers.
- Free outdoor concert by the Kennebunk River Band.
- Massage therapists for adult race participants.
21st Edition Road Race
Friday, July 13, 201821st Edition Race Results
Race Route Map
The 5K route wends its way through downtown Kennebunk and nearby neighborhoods. There are volunteers on course to guide you, two water stops, on-route bicycle support with cell phones, professional timing and an after race supper provided by Federal Jacks. Don't forget your dollars for raffle prizes and beer tent purchases!
Road Race FAQT-shirts & Goodie Bags: our renown goodie bags will be given to the first 200 registrants
Weather: Rain or Shine; no rain date. If lightning, we may need to delay—will be determined at race time
Start: Promptly at 6 PM on Park Street
Finish: Parking lot across from Christ Church on Dane Street
Concert: Kennebunk River Band begin at 6 PM on the library lawn and will play while runners are running; concert ends at 7 PM. Bring your lawn chair or blanket!
Parking: You may park south on Main Street in front of Kennebunk Savings Bank; in the Kennebunk Savings Bank parking lots (across the street and behind the library); in the municipal parking lot diagonally across the street from the library, the municipal parking behind the Waterhouse Pavilion on Main Street, and the municipal lot off Garden Street.
- Award Ceremony begins at 7 PM. Results will be posted at KFL, on KFL's website and on coolrunning.com
- No duplicate awards
- 1st Place Female and Male in the following age categories:
- 14 & Under
- Certificates of completion are available.
- By mail or in person--rec'd BEFORE 5 PM on 7/11: $25 Adults; $15 Youth (14 & Under). Online at athlinks.com: rec'd BEFORE Midnight on 7/11: $18 Seniors and Active Duty Military (discount available online ONLY; must be 65+ on race day) • $20 Adults • $10 Youth (14 & under)
- Race-day: $35 Adults; $15 Youth (14 & under) cash, check or credit card.
- Raffles of donated items, need not be present to win-$2 for one chance; $20 for 15
- To avoid long lines, volunteers will assist with serving food to ensure an improved flow of diners as well as and portion control
- Picnic dinner Free with registration—show bib number
- Small fee for everyone else
- Provided by Federal Jacks, Seafood Center, Cummings Market & volunteer bakers
- Beer & Wine Garden—must present valid ID; $5 cash a pint; IPA and Summer Ale; $5 for a glass of white wine
- Shower hose available at rear of library
- Port-a-Potties plus inside restroom
- Tickets on sale starting in May at KFL and on race day for our great raffle prizes--1 ticket for $2; 15 tickets for $20. You do not need to be present to win.
- Cash, check or credit card so you can purchase a fabulous picnic dinner for your friends and family! Your dinner is free--just show your bib number.
- Cash, check or credit card AND Identification for--a beer & wine garden! Yes! A large section of our lawn will be cordoned off for those of you who want to purchase a frosty one or a chilled glass of wine! Show your ID and you will be issued a wrist band to show you're of age. Everyone will be required to show ID to purchase a beverage. Your under-age kids and family can be with you be in the beer garden too--they just won't have the wrist band.
So you've registered for the event on active.com, or sent in your application to KFL with your check by 5 PM July 11th. What's next? Present yourself to the friendly folks at the "pre-registration" between 4:00 and 5:30 PM if you haven't already picked up your bags and we will present you with your bib number and goodie bag--if you were lucky enough to be one of the first 200 entries! Mosey on down to the start line on Dane Street and be in place by 6 PM sharp when the starter's pistol goes off!
For those of you who haven't pre-registered by July 12th...
You wake up on Friday, July 12th to a gorgeous day, and you decide that you really want to participate in this event––but you haven't registered! Not to worry! The "same day" registration desk opens at 4 PM and stays open until 5:30 PM on the library's lawn (at the very latest), Present yourself and your $35 for Adults; $15 for Youth (cash or check or credit/debit card) to the desk with a completed application form which are on a nearby table. Mosey on down to the start line on Dane Street and be in place by 6 PM sharp when the starter's pistol goes off!
Any questions? Please call us at the Library 207/985-2173 or email us.