24th Edition Road Race - 2021
Updates: June 15, 2021
This year, we have the best of both worlds! We will be holding a virtual Road Race from June 21 - July 7. You can run your own race course (or follow the traditional route) whenever it's convenient. We are also having an in-person race on July 9 at 6:00.
Registration is now open. We encourage you to register early to be one of the lucky 200 to get a t-shirt and goodie bag! All registrations can be used for either the virtual event or the potential in-person event - you don't have to choose until the week of the race. And, if you choose to run a virtual race and we are able to have an in-person event, you are still invited to the party!
Click here to Register!
What we know for 2021 (posted 6/9/21)
- There will be no day-of registration.
- There will be no food served at the event but granola bars and bottled water will be provided. If you receive a goodie bag it will include a $5 gift card to Federal Jack's.
- Beginning June 21 registrants can pick up their race bib and goodie bag (if they are among the first 200) at KFL during our operating hours. On race day, July 9, bags will be available for pickup starting at 4:00 outside.
- Our race will follow the State's Organized Racing Events guidance. All participants must follow these guidelines as well.
- For the in-person race, prizes will be awarded based on time for the 1st Place Female and Male in the following age categories:
- 14 & Under
- 80 +
- For the virtual race, prizes will be awarded for the following categories. Please email us your photo by July 7th.
- Most Creative Finish Line
- Best 5K Selfie
- Best Coordinated Pet Costume
- Most Scenic Course
- Most Esoteric Literary Costume or Finish Line
- Participant from the furthest location
Last Year's Road Race Results
Results for the 23rd Edition Road Race can be found here.
Creative Category Winners Were:
Most Creative Finish Line: Rick Huff
Best 5K Selfie: Suzanne and John Buck Team Buck-a-Near
Best Coordinated Pet Costume: Amy Kaufman
Most Scenic Course: Janice Pomerleau
Most Esoteric Literary Reference: Jane Benesch
Participant from the Furthest Location: Craig Eaton Team Can't Stop Eat'n
Race Route Map
The 5K route winds its way through downtown Kennebunk and nearby neighborhoods.
Check out a video of the course here.