- A collection of over 54,000 volumes including videos, audios, large print books, the Maine collection, and the Bolton Travel Collection
Reference services available in person, by phone, or via our Ask a Question form.
KFL is a certified Family Search Center: microfilm and microfiche available from the Family History Center of the Mormon Church
Free in-house use of Ancestry.com
- Fax service (out going only) $2 for first page, $.50 for each additional page
- Notary Services ($2 fee, call ahead for appt.)
- Interlibrary Loan a FREE borrowing service from other libraries
- FREE Internet access Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) available inside and outside the library
- Marvel! (Maine Virtual Library), an online periodicals and newspapers database provided free by the State of Maine
- Free cards to the Portland Public Library issued to York County residents
- Seven computers with Microsoft Office 2003; Word processing available; 25¢ per sheet to print
- Photocopier. Black and white: $.10 a sheet, 4 pages free to students through high school. Color: $.50 per sheet
- Free passes for library patrons to the Portland Museum of Art and half price passes to the Children's Museum of Maine, both sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
- On-going book sale courtesy of the Friends of the Library
- Magazine exchange table
- Typewriter for in-library use
- Educational game computer for children
- Free tax help, courtesy of AARP (Jan--Apr)
- Book discussions and author visits
- Outreach to area daycare and nursery schools
- Readers' advisory in all departments
- Books-on-Call, a Home delivery to those persons who cannot come to the library.
- Young Adult Programs: Page Turners, Book Covers and special events programs.
- Children's programs: Peak-A-Book-Babies, Time for Twos and Three's, Preschool Story Time, Summer Reading Program, and special events programs
- Computer classes
- Local obituary database
- Online catalog of Library holdings
- Local Maine History Collection
- Microfilm of 19th and 20th Century local newspapers
- Art Gallery with monthly exhibits
- Local displays of interest in our display cases
- Fireplace Wednesdays and Thursdays (Dec-Mar)
- Reading Room with over 40 magazine and newspaper subscriptions
- Maine Children's Book Illustrators Gallery
- Study Room (may be reserved in advance) and study carrels
- Photocopier- Black and white: $.10 a sheet, 4 pages free to students through high school. Color: $.50 per sheet
- Hanks Room, a community meeting room complete with kitchenette, VCR, TV, LCD projector, projection screen, one high-speed Internet outlet and a wireless Internet connection. Please speak with the staff to make arrangements.
- Microfilm printer/reader
- Public telephone
- Community information kiosk and bulletin board