Friends of the Kennebunk Free Library
Friends are people who care about libraries and who believe in what libraries represent.
Friends provide support in many ways and are recognized by the Library and the community for their sustaining influence.Friends support the library by raising funds that help sponsor new opportunities and grant gifts to the library.
Friends are individuals who are interested in promoting the Kennebunk Free Library by improving library services, resources, and the library's role in the community.
What Do Friends Do?
- stimulate public support for the use of the Library;
- underwrite special library programs for children and adults;
- assist in maintaining, improving, and enlarging Library resources and services;
- raise funds to support programs and grant gifts to the Library; and
- conduct three annual book/bake sales and promote the ongoing book sale as fund raisers for KFL.
Upcoming book sales are scheduled for:
- May Day, May 2, 2015
- Old Home Week, June 27, 2015
- Blueberry Festival, July 25, 2015
- Harvest Fest, October 10, 2015
The Friends meet quarterly at the library.All are welcome! Be a Friend . . . Bring a Friend!
The meeting schedule is posted on the library’s bulletin board and the Friends’ page on KFL website.
To contact the Friends, please leave a message at the library (985-2173) or email us. We will promptly get in touch with you.