Maine State Park Passes
KFL offers patrons free vehicle season passes to the state parks in Maine; each admits a driver and up to 16 occupants. The Library hopes that by providing park passes, our patrons will be more able to enjoy the great state of Maine.
Guidelines for use:
- Passes may be checked out for up to three days with no renewals
- Passes are to be returned to the Library at the end of the third day
- Passes are subject to availability
- Passes cannot be reserved. However, we will hold the pass for a couple of hours so that the patron may pick it up.
- To ensure that pass will be returned in a timely manner for others to use, a $10 fee will be assessed for each day late that the pass is returned late.
- The pass cannot be used toward camping in Maine State Park campgrounds, and it is not accepted at will Baxter State Park, Allagash Wilderness Waterway, Penobscot River Corridor, Penobscot Narrows Observatory, Maine Wildlife Park, Peacock Beach, Scarborough Beach and Acadia National Park.
The Sports Museum
Why not visit The Sports Museum in Boston this summer for a firsthand look at Bostonís sports history! KFL has purchased two passes that allow free entrance to the museum for up to six people with each pass. The Sports Museum is a non-profit educational institution housed in the TD Garden, and has served Boston and New England for more than 35 years. The Museum features a half mile of exhibits of the best of Boston sports and tours of the TD Garden Arena. The Museum was recently named one of the Top 5 Small Museums to see in Boston by Where Magazine.
The passes are only available for the summer and are not available on days that the Museum is closed are due to TD Garden events and holidays.The passes are valid through September 7, 2015.
According to the Museum, "The Sports Museum celebrates the character of Boston sports -- the unique brand of teamwork, determination, responsibility, courage, fairness, and other qualities of character possessed by our teams and athletes that make Boston ĎThe Greatest Sports City in America.í Equally important, we use this distinctly rich heritage to help build character in kids so that they can stand strong in the face of drugs, violence, and other dangers.Ē
For more information about the Sports Museum pass, please call the Library at 207-985-2173.
Children's Museum & Theatre of Main
KFL's pass to the Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine is made possible by the Friends of the Library. The pass entitles the holder to a 50% discount on admission for up to four (4) people. Regular admission is $10 per person.
- Children under the age of 18 months are admitted FREE.
- Redeem your pass at the museumís main desk
- Pass must be used on the date specified,
- only one KFL pass will be issued per day, and
- passes are available on a first come, first served basis.
Portland Museum of Art
KFL's pass to the Portland Museum of Art is made possible by the Friends of the Library.
Guidelines for use:
- Free entry for no more than two adults and up to six children per day.
- May be used for individuals or families
- Adults are considered to be those aged 18 and over
- Children under six are admitted FREE.
- Only one KFL pass will be issued per day
- Redeem pass at the museumís main desk
- Free museum admission on Friday evenings,5-9 PM.
- The pass must be used on the date specified